Monday, February 27, 2012

Pregnancy Must Haves

Mustela Maternity Anti-Stretch Mark Cream
When it comes to health and beauty, I've always found I prefer to be proavtice, rather than reactive, which is what I'm hoping to do with this lotion. I ordered mine from the website A Pea in the Pod. I just started using it today, since somehow, my baby belly seemed to have literally appeared overnight. Most people still say they can't notice, but most people also lie in the interest of kindness :) The company claims something like 96% of people who use this product don't get stretch marks. It's a little pricey, but worth every penny if it works. I did find it cheaper after the fact in a Babies R Us Store.

Pure Barre DVD's
Thousands of women can't be wrong...I love this workout, pregnant or not and find that it is very pregnant-friendly, unlike some more intense workout programs I love like Crossfit or P90X. This will be my workout of choice both during and after pregnancy in addition to my regular weight and walking routines.
Foldover Yoga Pants

My non-maternity yoga pants are still quite comfortable and will hopefully stretch as I do. My favorites come from Express, Victoria's Secret and Lululemon. As of right now, I'm trying to buy clothes that are non-maternity, but will work for both during and after pregnancy. Plus as active as I try to stay, these pants are a staple!
Maxi Dresses
I already had a serious love affair with maxi dresses pre-pregnancy, but these adorable dresses are not only perfect to transition from cool to warm weather through the seasons, they have a very forgiving structure to carry you through pregnancy and after. The ones above are just a few of the absolutely perfect maxi's I've found compliments of my favorite boutique shop, The Blue Door Boutique.  The maxi's are just the beginning...adorable shorter length dresses, flowy tops and tanks, perfect accessories. You name it, they have it and like I said, a lot of it will be items you can wear before, during and after baby!

I'm sure my must-haves list will grow as my baby and belly do. I've already been told I won't be able to live without a body pillow. I just find certain things hard to spend money on, especially things that you will only use for a few months, and things that millions of women made it through pregnancy without using in the past. I may be singing a different song a few months from now!


No comments:

Post a Comment