Monday, February 27, 2012

Sweet Baby Pate is a GIRL!!!

Source: Pinterest

I've always heard people say they don't care about the gender of their babies so long as they were healthy and that couldn't be more true. While I honest to goodness did not care regardless, and Juston didn't either, I'm just so excited to finally know!

I've thought for awhile now that sweet baby was a girl, but we got confirmation from our gender scan appointment this past Wednesday! I'm having visions of bows and ruffles and pink galore!

We had such a great experience at our appointment and were both speechless when we first saw our baby on the television screen in the ultrasound room. Watching her little heart beat made mine skip a beat! We were able to see the 4 chambers of her heart, all happily thumping away, her heartrate was 150 at this appointment, we could count her little fingers and toes when they showed us her feet and hands, we could see her little face, although right now, it looks more like a skeleton than a baby since she has no fat on her yet, and we were also able to see her ribs, spine and other bones as well as the umbilical cord and her little home for the next few months. It was almost like she was waving at us when we saw her at first. It was honestly a mind-blowing experience. I was watching her move around all over the place during the ultrasound, but couldn't feel any of it. I can't wait to start feeling her move around in there, I think that's when it will really hit home for me. And needless to say, I've already been shopping since Wednesday and her closet is looking pretty healthy!  We have decided on a first name, but are still narrowing down a middle name for her, until the decision is made, no monogramming can occur unfortunately.


No comments:

Post a Comment