Monday, May 14, 2012

27 Weeks



How far along? 27 weeks


Due Date: August 11, 2012

Total weight gain: Up 9 1/2pounds total

Maternity Clothes: It's my goal to get by wtih just the 2 pairs of pants that I've bought, plus gotta get some shorts for our beach trip. Other than that I don't want to waste money on clothes I can only wear for 2 months

Stretch marks? No

Sleep: I've been so blessed to have continued sleeping great. Some mornings I wake up and my hips ache a little bit, but most days I work out, I don't have it as bad. I'm sure it'll only get worse over the next couple weeks.

Best moment this week: Celebrating my first Mother's Day :) At least, soon-tobe Mother's Day. My husband got me the sweetest card and Shari's Berries that I've been dropping hints for for the past few weeks.

Miss Anything? A flat tummy but I'll get it back soon enough and in the mean time, it's sort of fun not having to worry about your belly hanging out.

Movement: She seems to only move when no ones around to feel her doing it. Her daddy has still onyl felt her once and my nieces spent the night just to feel her kick around, but she didn't move a bit that night!

Food cravings: Nothing really this week. I have the dreaded sugar test in a little over a week, so I'm making a real effort to lay off any sweets I've been eating lately.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, not a thing.

Gender: Baby Girl, Caroline Leeann

Symptoms: My tummy is starting to itch a little bit on the sides, I guess from where it just keeps growing. My appetite is still normal most days and my energy level is great as long as I do some sort of exercise every day.


Belly Button: Won't be long now, I don't think. The top is totally out. Not sure if the bottom will be able to pop out or not from the appendicitis stitches I have in the back of it.  

Rings: Still on and fitting like they always have

Happy or Moody: One happy mama :)

Pregnancy Pet Peeve: People who have had kids and insist on saying "oh you just wait," in response to anything positive. Like if I say I don't feel uncomfortable or anything about feeling good, they give you THE LOOK and just can't resist it..."Oh, you just wait." Well, every pregnancy and woman is different, so I guess I will just wait and see if they were right. Most people are really encouraging but there's one in every crowd.

Best Moment this Week:  It's a very good thing I have a sense of humor....I was getting dressed for church Sunday and my youngest niece was looking at my dress, which was houndstooth print. She said, "Nena, that dress is awesome!!! It looks like a cow!" Her sincere excitement made it impossible for me not to wear my cow dress haha. I laughed so hard. Just what every pregnant chick wants to hear about the outfit she's getting ready to put on!

Looking forward to: My baby girl has her shower this coming Sunday compliments of my sister :) I can't wait to see everyone! I know most of my out of town friends won't be able to make it in since it's such a busy time of year for everyone, but I hope most of my sweet friends can make it!



My first Mama's Day gift...Shari's Berries!!! Of course, it's not like I was subtle about the fact that I wanted them ;) They are pretty awesome though!



Aaaaannnnnd, I give you...the "awesome cow dress". And our first family portrait on Mother's Day :)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that dress! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's actually not maternity, but by a company named Molly B. I got it online from www.thepinkpelican.com

      Delete