Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Still Pregnant

Photo: http://mynursingbaby.blogspot.com/p/pregnant-clipart.html


I am starting to wonder if this little chick ever plans on coming out! I am probably one of the most impatient people EVER, so the fact that I didn't think I would make it to August and still be pregnant is a bit of a hard pill to swallow considering July is officially over tonight. I've always heard that your pregnancies are similar to that of the other women in your family...my mom had my older sister three weeks early, me two weeks early; my sister had her first at 35 1/2 weeks and both her others about 2-2 1/2 weeks early, so admittedly, I had my hopes up that we would have met this little one by now, but I assume I'm getting my first lesson in parenting....it's now Caroline's world and we all just live in it! haha Don't get me wrong, I wanted to get to the full term mark, 37 weeks, but at 37 weeks and 1 day, I was ready to meet her.
Each day that passes, I can only think about how much bigger her head and body are going to be to get out...a frightening though to say the least, but we could still have two more weeks and a whole lot more baby. I have had contractions, I am already dilated and thinned, 3 cm and 80%, she has dropped and none of that means a daggone thing. What a depressing thought. The Doctor estimated her to be about 7 pounds at my appointment yesterday, but said that could be off in either direction. She originally thought the baby would be around 7 pounds if she stayed all 40 weeks, but I guess she'll end up being a little bigger than originally estimated.
I think I should have procrastinated more things, since at this point, it's all just a waiting game. At least that way, I'd have something to do with my time. But as it is, her nursery is finished and waiting, our bags are packed and sit by the front door, where they've been for two weeks now, and the car seat is ready and waiting all snug in the backseat of my car. All that's missing is baby Caroline. I can't even find any more projects that I want to do right now.
Not to sound ungrateful, because I honestly have had an amazingly easy pregnancy, but my hips are KILLING me all the time, I feel like I lumber everywhere when I used to just walk and to get out of bed int he morning must be a hoot to watch because it involves a lot of rolling around, bones cracking, griping and mad upper body strength. Is it so wrong that I want to serve this little one an eviction notice? haha My best guess at this point is one of two scenarios...
1. I'll go into labor on August 4, our wedding anniversary and end up spending our anniversary and my birthday, August 7th in the hospital instead of resting at home with our sweet, stubborn little baby.
2. It'll be August 15, 2013 and I'll still be pregnant with this chick...Not likely since my doctor induces the day you're considered overdue,which would be August 12, but it's really starting to feel that way.

My husband has done his part to inadvertently lighten my mood lately.  First was the delicate way he asked about water breaking...
"So, when you're on the couch and other furniture, shouldn't you maybe, sit on something in case your water breaks?"
"You mean like a puppy pad or something?"
"Well, yeah, that would work wouldn't it?"
Strike one...
Annnddd the other day while I was wallerin around trying to hoist myself off the couch, he rubbed his legs and winced, then proceeded to talk about how his workout had left him so sore he could barely move.  I imagined what it would be like to punch him for a second, then realized he didn't even know what he'd said wrong.
Nevertheless, Strike two...

Any tips or advice anyone has to help with hip pain would be MORE than appreciated because at this point, it hurts to exist, but probably not as much as the post-workout soreness my husband had to endure for two days of delayed onset muscle soreness...bless his heart haha

No comments:

Post a Comment