Saturday, July 21, 2012

Pregnancy Must Haves

I have to say, I feel very lucky with the amazing experience I've had while pregnant...I only got sick once, haven't really had any strong cravings, never lost my energy, I've slept great and haven't had the swollen ankles, pains or traumatic experiences some women have had. As a result, I feel like I haven't really wanted or needed a lot of things that were "pregnancy specific". There were a few things though that I probably couldn't have done without over the last 9 months. 



 


 Nike Air Max tennis shoes~ Walking has been my main form of cardio since I'vevbeen pregnant and these are literally the most comfortable pair of tennis shoes I've ever had. 
Ohhhh Mustela Double Action Stretch Mark Cream...this stuff is pretty expensive, but I don't know many women who wouldn't pay twice the cost if it meant no stretch marks. So far, this stuff has been amazing. I started using it as soon as I started showing which was around 18-19 weeks. Use it twice a day, every day...Lately, I've been using it morning, noon and evening...figure it can't hurt.
My trusty Tervis Tumbler Big T cup goes EVERYWHERE I go. I have chugged approximately 23456254 cups of water every day. Tervis Tumblers do amazing at keeping your drinks cold, especially if you get the lids to go on them. I fill mine up every night and keep it by our bed. It never fails that when I wake up in the middle of the night to pee I'm SO thirsty.
These Victoria's Secret yoga pants have been a God send. I can still wear them folded over, but most of the time, I pull the waistband all the way up, sexy style, so they don't ride down too low. I've been able to wear the same ones I'd worn pre-preggo.
Yellowbox Flip flops are seriously SO comfy! Lately, it makes my feet pretty sore to walk around on our hardwoods barefooted so I wear these around the house all the time. My feet feel so much better in these!
Gotta love these chocolate chip energy Z Bars! They are by Clif Kids and are so tasty....perfect for an afternoon snack with a yogurt or fruit. My other favorite flavor is brownie. Not sure if they actually give me more energy, but it's definitely a better alternative than a candy bar or some other type of junk food. 
My last must-have has been my Fit Pregnancy Magazine. Lots of great workout and healthy eating tips as well as information that I've found useful as a soon-to-be first-time mama. 

I do have my "What to Expect" book that I've skimmed as I've come to the appropriate chapters and I also picked up "The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy" which I did not care for personally. I sort of felt like the author had such a negative take on pregnancy, her husband, exercise and life in general that it made me scared and depressed to keep reading it. It was meant to be a light-hearted, comical read and I know a lot of people love it, but I honestly stopped reading it less than halfway through because some of the ignorance I was reading was honestly pissing me off. 

I didn't get on the body pillow bandwagon and I decided to forgo the Belly Bandit as well. Maybe I was missing out, but I'd rather throw my money towards baby bandwagon things like her Nap Nanny and Boppy pillow. 

As my time being pregnant winds down, I know there are a lot of things I will really miss about being pregnant like feeling my little baby girl wiggle around, everyone being so very concerned about how I'm feeling and what's new with the baby, people being more chivalrous than they normally maybe would be when they see my tummy, or the way my husband looks at my belly when he doesn't know I'm paying attention and lots of other things.  My unsolicited advice to newly pregnant women would be to ignore the women who LOVE to share their horrible experiences about their wretched morning sickness, cankles, 10 pound babies or their 4 day labors.  For some reason, seeing your baby bump brings out other women's need for you to hear their horror story. Just smile and nod, then forget whatever you heard. Every pregnancy is obviously different and mine has been wonderful!

Photo: Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. Women do like to share horror stories, don't they? But really, labor isn't *painful* so much as very hard work. Of course, if you go in expecting pain, that's probably what you'll experience. But you're such an athlete, and you're sure to have prepared so well, that there's no reason for you to have anything but a wonderful birth! Don't stop with the stretches and squats now that you're nearing the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled across your blog (via Pinterest) and love it!! We expecting our first child in December and are naming her Caroline too! I enjoy your real-life posts and totally agree with The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy. I totally hated it but kept reading because it was so ridiculous. Good luck with everything :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and LOVE your name choice :) Are you a KY chick, too? I hope everything goes perfectly with the rest of your pregnancy and little one!

      Delete