Friday, October 19, 2012

Fit Friday~Post Baby Recovery The First Month Workout

I've decided to start posting a "Fit Friday" entry each week to hopefully help other mama's out there seeking their post baby bodies again while I'm working for mine! I'm an ACE and NCSF certified personal trainer, I just decided that instead of working for the time being, I'd rather stay home and be a mama, but the desire to help others reach their fitness goals is still in me, hence, Fit Fridays.

So as it turns out, fitting in 45 minutes workout dvd's into what is now Caroline's world in which I simply live, is not as simple as I had initially hoped it would be...at least not yet, I'm still holding out hope. Thus, I've had to resort to squeezing in 10 minute workout increments a few times throughout the day in order to accomplish any strength training at all in an effort to get back in shape. I figure I can't be the only one in this boat, so I though I'd share what I'm making work for my workouts in the hopes that it will help someone else with theirs! Even if I can only accomplish one set of the two or three I shoot for every day, I figure it beats not doing any at all. I still do our morning and evening walks when weather allows, because Caroline really seems to enjoy being outside on the move, but that's just not good enough for me. I've always been a weights girl and while pushing that stroller uphill is no joke, it's not exactly putting me in my "work zone" for target heart rate for any significant amount of time.

I aim to do 5 sets of ten repetitions for three exercises that I do in a circuit format. In other words, no breaks in between exercises until I've done 50 of each, 10 at a time. Doing so not only gets it over with quicker, it increases heart rate and thus, the number of calories expended. In my previous life when I was a personal trainer, group exercise instructor and fitness director, this was my preferred method for training clients. It maximizes results with minimal time.

Day 1/Monday~ Pushups                        Inverted Pushups                  
                          Deadlifts                        Single Leg Squats                  
                          Full Situp                       Superman Lifts                      

Day 2/Tuesday~Double Bent over Row     Rotating Bicep Curl                
                         Reverse Lunge                Sumo Squat  
                          Side Bend                        Bicycle Crunches

Day 3/Thursday~Tricep Dip                     Overhead Press
                          Calf Raise                      Kickbacks
                          Plank Switches               Side Plank

Day 4/Friday~ Pushups                            Lateral Raise
                       Bridge Ups                       Squat Jumps
                       Reverse Crunch                Double Crunch
I can add pictures or descriptions of any of these exercises, or a simple google search will probably find you what you're looking for, too! Good luck to all the mamas and feel free to hit me up with any questions. While the exercise is obviously an integral part of the wellness factor, the most important thing to remember is that you are what you eat! More on that one next week ;)

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled onto your blog through Pinterest a few months ago, and have enjoyed following!! I'm currently 3 weeks away from my due date with our first (a girl also!), and I'm loving all your new mom tips and tricks you are discovering!! Thank you for posting!!!

    ReplyDelete