Saturday, November 17, 2012

Baby Must Buy

So when we first found out we were pregnant, I started reading up on all the things you just had to have for baby and this was at the top of everyone's list, so naturally, I went out and bought one. Then, after Caroline made her arrival, for the first month or so, I'd say, I was convinced that I'd thrown away $100 plus on this thing because my baby absolutely did not nap, let alone sleep all night in her Nap Nanny. As a matter of fact, as soon as I'd lay her in it, she'd start screaming. Turns out that was my bad for not swaddling her correctly. Honestly, I feel like a complete idiot for not learning to respect the swaddle sooner. I thought she didn't like it because she'd flail around in her blanket like a bulldog in a paper sack, screaming her head off, not to mention the fact that I completely sucked at swaddling anyway, but we finally got the hang of it and since about a month and a half old, Caroline has been sleeping, swaddled up nice and tight, in her Nap Nanny and I love this thing. Who knows, maybe she'd sleep just the same without it, but I for one will not be testing that theory. It also helps mama sleep at night too knowing that since she's propped up at an angle to sleep, if she were to spit up, it just runs down her face and she doesn't get choked up on it.
I think we're rapidly approaching the day when she's outgrown this bad boy, but until then, I love the thing! Worth every penny paid for the sleep it's gotten me. Like I said, maybe she's sleep all the same without it, after all babies have managed to for many, many years, but I love ours!
It's been awhile since I've posted a pic of my little princess :) I'm WAY behind on getting her three month stuff up...hopefully get to that this weekend, along with putting up our first Christmas tree as a family of three, plus two puppies (it's early, I know, but I just couldn't make myself wait any longer to see her reaction to the lights!), and I'm working on a post of the things that we REALLY needed over the first three months, versus the stuff that was just kinda nice to have but not really necessary. 

1 comment:

  1. I believe this product may have been recalled. You way want to look into it.

    ReplyDelete