Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Whatever Wednesday

I've decided to start a new weekly (hopefully, if I remember) post filled with essentially useless information, unless you love to read or shop (but who doesn't, really?). I'm doing Whatever Wednesdays as a sort of catch-all for the wide-ranging topics I often take a notion to blog about so it could cover anything from a great book I've read, which I'm constantly looking for new books to read, or old favorites to re-read (is this weird b/c I don't think so, but I've been told it is...) to some other obscure topic that may not warrant it's own post. So here goes...


What I'm Reading:
  

I adore Mary Kay Andrews. If you have never read her books you are really missing out. Her wit and Southern flair suck me in from page one. She has a new book coming out in June and I am counting down the days. I've read all of her books and it wouldn't be possible for me to pick a favorite. They always have romance interlaced throughout the plot, but you'll never catch the white knight in her reads. The women leads are always very strong and self-sufficient which I love.
I'm also re-reading The Purpose Driven Life. It's one of those books that I take something new from each time I read it over. It's not my favorite book in the "give your life direction and meaning" category, but I like that it's a 40 day read, especially with the Lenten season coming to a close. Seemed like an appropriate time to re-visit it. I also think that you take away different things each time you read a book depending on your life situation. Like I said, I love to re-read books all the time. To me it's like re-watching a favorite show. I've had a few different people tell me that it seemed redundant because the ending would still be the same...good thing I don't really care what people like that think.


What I'm Watching:

Photo: Amazon

Is anyone else out there still in a depression that One Tree Hill is over...forever...never to return with new episodes to peek into the lives of our favorite North Carolina characters? I have a deep, abiding love for this show and always will. I even got my parents hooked on the antics of the Scott brothers and company. Thank God for tv on dvd because my parents bought me all the seasons of this show so that I can re-watch them all over and over...as soon as I finish re-reading my favorite books. I will have to say though, that the show just wasn't the same after Lucas and Peyton departed, but I still watched.
If you have never watched this show, do yourself a favor and order the DVD's ASAP.


What I'm Wanting:


Photos: Bourbon and Boweties via Facebook

If you have not stumbled across Bourbon and Boweties, you need to check it out ASAP. The company isn't very old, not even a year yet I don't think. And all of their ordering is done via Facebook private message, but these bracelet stacks are so pretty and unique. Not to mention that they are made by Southern Hands here in the good ole US of A. Not an easy thing to find anymore. I;m loving the pearl stacks pictured above, but you need to check out their Facebook page for lots of stacking options. I honestly have no clue how much these run because prices aren't listed on FB (usually not a good sign for your wallet), but they are semi-precious stones so would likely be more of an investment piece...like one your hubs should invest in for you!



What's I'm waiting for:

Photo: Posh Pickle

How stinkin cute is my baby going to be waddling around on her little thicky thighs in this bubble from Posh Pickle!!!! I had to have it as soon as I saw it. Only sad part is that I had to pre-order and it won't ship out until April. Oh well, it's been strangely cold around here so she couldn't wear it yet anyway. But I can not wait to see it on her! I ordered a 12 month just to be safe. You can pre-order here. Follow them on Facebook to be alerted to other pre-orders.


Photos: Just Madras

And finally, something I ordered for myself for when spring finally decides to show up to the party, a Just Madras skipper dress. This dress is also available in navy and red, either of which would be perfect for 4th or Memorial Day festivities. How perfect would the pearl Bourbon and Boweties stacks be with this? But then pearls go with everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment