Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Whatever Wednesday

What I'm Watching:

So last week, I developed a new obsession...Pretty Wicked Moms on the Lifetime network. I. love. it. I enjoy smut in the rare times that I do watch TV, I can admit it. Luckily, this show is preceded by Dance Moms, so it's a full night of ridiculousness for me. If you haven't watched this show yet, you need to. These women are unbelievable and I really can't decide whether to be completely annoyed by them or love them, but I'm leaning mostly towards loving them. 

What I'm Reading:

No books this week. I just finished reading The Bluegrass Brothers series by Kathleen Brooks after seeing an FB friend highly recommend them. Ummm, I don't really know what to say about them. The writing is mediocre, but definitely improves and develops with each book, the story lines are predictable and the characters aren't very well developed, but for some reason I couldn't put the stinking books down. For the first time, I felt like a "housewife" reading these things, especially if you see the covers. Ohh emmm geee, so ridiculous. But I started them so I had to finish them. Not the best books I've read, but not the worst. So now, I'm playing catch up with my magazine subscriptions of Southern Living and Southern Lady.  

What We're Wearing:


I spend my summers in the water...either on the boat or in the pool, so this tankdress is the perfect swimsuit cover-up for throwing on over a suit for errands in between pool sessions :) Throw your hair in a side braid and add a fedora and you're all set!


Couldn't pass this onesie up when I saw it on Etsy. And you know I have the Judith March tank to match :)

What I'm Working On:

Our new window boxes....(these aren't them...yet).


Anyone who knows me knows of my deep and abiding love for Charleston, SC, my absolute favorite place. I'd literally go there every weekend if I could. Heck, I'd move there in a hot second if my whole family would pack up and come with. But since I can't get there as often as I'd like, I decided that I wanted to bring a part of Charleston to our old KY home in the form of their fabulous window boxes.

So far, we have ordered, received and mounted our window boxes on the front of our house, but I'm trying to decide just how I want them to look. 


There are so many different options, but my goal is for anyone who's been to Charleston to feel like that's right where my window boxes came from.


I love them neutral palates, but I also love bright splashes of color from flowers like petunias or marigolds. I'm as far as knowing I need a thriller (tall focal point, typically centered in the box), a spiller like ivy or some other trailing flower, and a filler like maybe coleus or caladiums. 


I have a lot of work to do on them, but I'm so excited to see how they turn out. I'll be sure to post a picture to share with y'all once they're all filled up, hopefully this weekend!



Welp, that's about it for this Wednesday. Nothing much else going on around here besides lost of swimming and traveling and gardening. I absolutely adore this time of year!

Just because she looks so adorable here :) Outfit is by Posh Pickle.



2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh that monogrammed outfit is adorable!!! newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting! And that is probably my favorite outfit of hers! Posh Pickle has the cutest stuff!

      Delete