Thursday, August 22, 2013

What's Cookin'~ Corn Chowder

Who doesn't love a simple, delicious crockpot dinner? You toss it all in in the morning, and forget about it until you realize you don't have to put anything together at dinnertime besides a bowl and spoon! I love my crockpot and this is probably my favorite thing that I make in it! Y'all HAVE to try it
What you need:
1 can corn
1 can cream style corn
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 stick butter
4 LARGE potatoes peeled and diced
1 large shallot or onion
2 8 oz packages of ham
1 cup half and half (this goes in at the end)

Put everything in except the half and half. Cook on low 7-8 hours. Turn to high and add half and half, cook for 30 minutes and serve. I top with cheddar cheese and sour cream. It's ahhhhmazing! I altered this from a recipe I found on Pinterest by adding more ham per the hubby's request and he was so right, it made it even better!



No comments:

Post a Comment