Monday, September 16, 2013

Filthy 5K


This past weekend, Juston and I did the Filthy 5K, the first of it's kind in our little town, presented by a friend of mine who owns her own Personal Training and Group Exercise studio. I was apprehensive to say the least going into this thing. I've been a bum and not hit my training hard until here lately, not to mention the fact that a runner I am not. Even when I was in the best shape of my life doing figure competitions, I still could not bust out a 5K. I could sprint till the cows come home, but distance has never been my thing. Anyway, I've started Couch 2 5K in the hopes of running an entire 5K without stopping this fall. The Filthy 5K, however, was not a race, but a challenge. Think Tough Mudder, but an abbreviated version. I'd say we ran about 1/3 to 1/2 of the trail, a lot of which ran through the woods over tree roots, etc so I actually choose not to run those parts for my own safety since I can be super clumbsy. There were 22 obstacles, including some form the actual Tough Mudder course hosted in Maysville. I'm super proud to say that we finished each and every obstacle together and had the best time!


Pre-Filthy. 

This one took me back to ole gymnast days. 

Haulin' it up the rear in this one, while the hubs looks fresh as a daisy.

The slip 'n slide, however, I owned like a boss. 


It was just as fun as it looks! If you have the chance to don one of these, DO IT! You won't regret it. Great date morning for us and we'll definitely be doing it again next year!

4 comments:

  1. A 5k is on my to do list! That looks like such a fun one you did, the one I'd really like to do is the Color Run.

    Lauren,
    http://atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to do a color run so bad, too! Even though I suck at running! Haha

      Delete
  2. The slip n slide looks so much fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was definitely my favorite part of the day! Haha it slid right into a big dirty pond!

      Delete