Sunday, March 2, 2014

Lemon Blueberry Cake

I love to bake, but I try to only make bigger things, like cakes or pies, when we're having company over to help eat it all. Our Goddaughter brought some of her friends from college in with her yesterday, so it was the perfect opportunity to make a cake I'd been wanting to make since finding the recipe on Pinterest a few weeks ago.



I have a thing for lemon flavored sweets so this cake was perfect! And it tasted every bit as good as it looks. I might have eaten some for brunch this morning, but I plan on giving the majority of what's left away. 


You can find the original recipe here


It has a really bright, citrus flavor and the blueberries give it the perfect amount of sweetness. I made it with Spring in mind, but turns out we're getting 4-6 inches of snow again tonight :( This has been the most ridiculous winter I've ever seen in Kentucky. At least it's spring in my kitchen now!



No comments:

Post a Comment