Wednesday, June 4, 2014

May Reads

I've mentioned before that I keep a flower journal every planting season of what I plant, where I plant it, it's sun and water needs, expected growth, etc. Well, I also keep track of all the books I read in a journal as well, along with lots of other things. I've always kept a journal and always loved list-making and things of the sort, probably part of what drew me to blogging. Anyway, I love to read and I'm a total book worm. I don't get to enjoy it as much as I used to, but when I find a great book, I love to share it with other people who appreciate a good read.
 
Now I mostly like light stuff, but I can get into a heavy read from time to time. I will end up reading anywhere from 2-5 books a month most months, so I want to start sharing with y'all in case you're looking for some good page-turners.
 
Here's what I read last month:
 
 
 
Dorthea is my jam! I absolutely love everything this woman writes. Her pages just drip with the charm of the Lowcountry and this book is no exception. She writes of stories that anyone can relate to and this book is just great. It took me a while to get through it, but not because I didn't want to. I have been spending more of my free time working out these days so my only reading time is at night. But I just loved this book. A great read!
 
 
 
 
Chick Lit alert! I admit it, I'm a sucker for a romantic novel as much as the next gal. But I have to warm you, these books are a part of a trilogy and the third book will not come out until fall, so don't start them unless you're willing to wait to find out how they ultimately end. These would be a great light beach read, though.
 
And last but certainly not least, another of my all time favorite authors, Mary Kay Andrews. This book is an old favorite of mine and I'm one to re-read my favorite books like a lot of people re-watch their favorite movies. Y'all will love this book. MKA has an awesome wit and will literally make you laugh out loud, which I think can be difficult for a book to do. You won't regret this one! Or any of her books for that matter, as I've read them all and each on is just as good as the next. 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment