Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Workout Wednesday: A Typical Week's Schedule

My workouts and workout schedule seem to constantly be changing, which is partly intentional and partly just a result of fitting it in when I can. Here's what a typical week of my workouts looks like currently.
 
Monday: Morning Shoulder and Ab/ Core Workout; Evening run, 2 miles
 
Tuesday: Afternoon Leg/cardio interval Workout, Evening run, 1 mile hills
 
Wednesday: Morning Chest and Tricep/ interval workout, no cardio
 
Thursday: Evening run, 2 miles
 
Friday: Off day or run hill course of about 1.5 miles
 
Saturday: Back and Bicep workout, Evening run of 2 miles unless we have plans or are entertaining
 
Sunday: Evening run, 1 mile hills
 
 
 
I've been wearing my watch again on my runs just to check in on my time and on the flat, 2 mile runs, my time is around 10:44 min mile. On the hill course, I'm almost a whole minute slower at 11:30 min mile. My sister and I are planning on running a 5K this Friday. It'll be her very first one, so I'm hoping it works out that we get to do it together. It will probably be hotter than a $2.00 pistol and humid as can be, which REALLY slows me down, but we can do it.
 
As far as the weight training portion of my workouts, you can search through my archives and find some good targeted, muscle specific workouts. I do change my weight workouts up to circuit, total body training every couple of months or so, but I like the target training of focusing on one or two muscle groups. I think I see results faster that way. I just feel so much better when I'm working out and for me, that includes a balance of cardio and weight training, not just one or the other. But any activity is better than no activity. I'm hoping that in the coming weeks, Juston and I can start hiking again. We've always loved doing it, but haven't gone in quite some time now.
 
It's always worth mentioning, you can't out exercise a bad diet. If you are working out regularly and still not noticing any positive changes in your body, energy levels, etc. the problem can likely be found in what you are putting in your mouth! Eating whole, natural foods is so important and we are really trying to encourage Caroline to do the same by keeping the junk 'kid' foods out of the house and always having fruits and veggies with every meal we give her.
 
 
Hope everyone is having a great week and taking the time to get out and get active. Happy Wednesday :)


3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I'm a longtime follower (since you were pregnant with Caroline). I love your blog & I love your style. I think I read in a previous post that you mostly workout at home. I also workout at home as I have a little one & no gym membership. What type of dumbbells do you use? What other equipment do you have? Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!! And thank you so much! I mostly just use rubber hex dumb bells we picked up at Walmart or you can find the at Dicks Sporting Goods, too! I really like my BOSU ball as well for working on balance and core strength. I try to mis in DVDs too just for a change. I'll do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred sometimes, P90x and Pure Barre DVDs. Oh and I love my stability ball! Also from Walmart!

      Delete
    2. I don't know how I'm just seeing your response, but thank you! I have a stability ball & some lower weights, but I really need something heavier (the highest we have is 10 lbs.). And the BOSU is a great suggestion. I used to use one when I belonged to a gym. Anyways, thanks for your suggestions!

      Delete