Friday, September 5, 2014

Fashion Friday

I always get a little bit sad once Labor Day rolls around. Even though there's still nearly a month of summer, and thank the Lord it still feel like summer around here, most people consider it the unofficial end of my favorite season. Plus, no more white pants :(  We've still been hitting the pool most days and it's hotter and more humid than ever around here though, so that helps my end of summer blues out big time! Here's a peek at some of my outfits from the last two weeks since I didn't have a chance to post last week.
 
Tunic C Wonder (sold out |  Jeans J Crew Factory |  Shoes Tory Burch
 
I love this navy tunic that I picked up from C. Wonder early this summer. I feel like it's a piece that really transitions well between seasons so I've gotten a ton of use out of it already. I've always had a thing for navy clothing as well, so even better.

Dress J Crew (Old) | Shoes Tory Burch (Ebay score!)
 
This is one of my favorite dresses that I've ever gotten from J Crew. It's just such a fun print and also great for that weird in between time of summer and fall where you feel like you're no really supposed to wear white bottoms but it's still so doggone hot outside.



Cardigan J Crew Factory | Tank Top Lilly Pulitzer Watch Out print | Shorts J Crew Factory | Shoes Jack Rogers
 
Watch Out may have been my favorite summer Lilly print. I got a few different pieces in the print and this tank is one of my favorites.

 
Tunic Lilly Pulitzer | Shorts J Crew Factory
 
This tunic is ridiculously comfortable. It's one of the items I got during the After Party sale and I just love it. The color is so pretty in person.

Top Lilly Pulitzer Iona Shell | Shorts J Crew Factory | Shoes Tory Burch | Bracelets Bourbon and Boweties
 
Speaking of colors that are even prettier in person, I got the Iona shell in the After Summer Sale as well and the colors are so much brighter and more vibrant that what I expected them to be. I really love it!
 
Caroline had her two year shot and check-up this morning and she could not have done any better! I told her that she was going to be getting a shot before hand and I know she gets the concept. After the nurse did her stats she looked at me and said "I feel better, Mama. Let's go that way" and pointed to the door! haha She is too much! After the pediatrician checked her out, then "shot nurse" came in bearing gifts and I told her again what she was there for and that if she was good, we'd go get a Reece Cup (her new obsession), so she laid on the table and held her new bubbles and suckers. When the nurse stuck her, she said "ooowwwww, she give me shot!" And that was that. I picked her up, she called the nurse a bad girl and said thank you for her bubbles and off we went. Proud mama moment that she was so tough. I just love my little firecracker.
 
We hit the store after that and found the best bag of Reece Cups and the prettiest sunflowers on sale for $1.99. Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment