Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Super Bowl Sunday

We had some friends and family come out to the house this past Sunday to hang out and watch the Super bowl game, so I made up a few quick and easy appetizers for everyone to snack on. Juston loves to order pizza, too since it's usually the only day of the year we do that, so I didn't have much work to do in the kitchen beforehand. And even though the foods I made aren't the most photo-worthy, I promise they are so simple and so good!

First up is Crockpot Meatballs. Three ingredients and a day in the crockpot and you're set. I buy a bag of pre-cooked, frozen Italian meatballs, a jar of grape jelly (16 oz.) and a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce (24 oz.). Dump it all in the crockpot and cook on low for 7-8 hours. It doesn't get any easier.

 
Next up, Rotel Dip. My sister gave me this recipe and everyone loves it. Another three ingredient simple as pie party favorite. You need a can of rotel, a roll of mild Tennessee Pride sausage (or any brand you like) and a block of low fat cream cheese (8 oz.). Brown the sausage in a skillet. From here you can go two routes, you can add the cooked sausage and other ingredients to a small crockpot and cook for about 4 hours on low until the cream cheese melts and it's all hot, or if you don't have that kind of time, you can just add the cream cheese to the skillet you cook the sausage in and heat until it's all melted, then add the rotel can and heat through. Doing it all in the skillet takes about 20-30 minutes.

 
This dip didn't last long at all. My brother-in-law even brought some, too, but we all went through it!

 
Last I made these chocolate peanut butter chip cookies. Recipe comes straight from the back of the Reese's peanut butter chip bag and everyone loves them. I cook them more like 15 minutes because I like them chewy.



And finally, my favorite meme from the Super Bowl, I came across on facebook the very next morning and it made me giggle.



But seriously, who throws the ball on the two yard line when you have four downs, plenty of timeouts and a great running back. Not your best move Pete, but it was a great game overall. I thought the commercials were sort of a let down though. Some of them were just depressing, some sort of lame. I like the Fiat little blue pill commercial and the Pete Rose hall commercial, and obviously, I loved the Budweiser puppy and Clydesdale commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment