Sunday, March 1, 2015

Happy March

Happy first day of March/ end of meteorological winter! I'm so excited for this month to have arrived, there are so many fun things happening and so much to look forward to. 

I'm from Kentucky, so obviously March = basketball and March Madness. UK has been so fun to watch this year. I'm more of a football gal myself, but you can't grow up in Kentucky and not at least somewhat follow the Cats. How cool would it be to witness a perfect season ending in a National Championship for these boys! Here's hoping for the best. 




My tulip, hyacinth and daffodils all start blooming in march. I just love flowers. I planted them all around our property so that I can cut them and bring them into the house as well. There's just something so majestic about watching these blooms sprout every spring. 




I may be in the minority here, but I just love spring cleaning. The smell of Pinesol and windex just makes me happy because it means my home is clean and looking fresh for company, which we plan to have a lot of this March when we're not traveling around. I came across this Spring Cleaning Challenge list on Pinterest and thought I'd share it here. It's thirty days of cleaning one thing/ area a day. Seems very manageable to me so I'm going to give it a whirl.


Spring also means pretty dresses and hats. Keeneland, Derby weekend, Easter...so many reasons to bring out the big hats! I'm so excited because I finally found a dress to match a gorgeous hat my mom got me a few years ago at a flea market. I found the dress in my closet! haha so I'll be saving some money this Easter! We are planning on going to The Oaks this year for the first time ever, so I don't know if I'll go hat/ dress shopping for that or just see what I already have to work with. I'm really excited about that, too! 


Speaking of excited, I have booked Caroline for a photo session with a Lexington photographer and they have live lambs, bunny rabbits and baby ducks! I came across the picture below on The Beaufort Bonnet company's IG page, messaged them and they directed me to Mark Kidd Studios in Lexington so that's where we'll be next week, playing with a sweet (i hope) baby lamb. If these go well, I may have an oil portrait done. I just really hope they will be everything I've built them up to be in my head. Kids and animals are unpredictable though. 



I know Easter is in April this year, but wanted to share the Legend of the Dogwood with y'all in case you've never heard it. I remember mom telling me about this a few years ago and I came across this link on Pinterest as well. 

I've seen this Bunny Bait below the past few years and intended to make it, but never got around to it. Caroline just loves popcorn right now so I'm definitely going to give it a whirl sometime soon. 


Juston and I have some joint and individual trips planned this month to some really great places, Charleston for a race, Georgia for a hunting trip, Texas, it's my oldest nieces birthday, spring forward is happening soon and I just have a spring in my step knowing that winter is winding down and so much good is just ahead. I'm really excited to get into some outdoor activities with Caroline, too. Happy March y'all!

Oh and one more thing, I came across this list the other day of  Reasons you should never visit the South and it's a fun, quick read. It's not what it sounds like, obviously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment