Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Spring is in the Air

I am just loving the forecast for the first time in a long time! It's calling for 50's and 60's all week and we are so ready for it. Yesterday was the first really pretty spring-ish day we've had so we took advantage of it. 

We headed to Mt. Sterling early yesterday to an adorable children's boutique called Oopsie Daisies. I try to get up there every couple of months to catch some of their cute outfits on clearance and yesterday I found a good selection of fall/winter for next year and even picked up some spring/summer for half off since it was from last year's inventory. 


Both of these were half off! I've always been partial to kids clothes with watermelon embellishments. No idea why, I just think they're so cute. And the smocked barn animal outfit for next year was a no brainer. 

When we got back from Mt. Sterling, we headed over and surprised Juston at work while he was in between meetings, then headed home, only to be surprised ourselves that I had to work that afternoon. I'm usually on Tuesdays, so it was unexpected but fun because I ended up taking Caroline with me and she had a blast running around the gym and playing with the girls. 

When we got home around 5:00, it was still sunny and warm so we got out Caroline's arsenal of outdoor vehicles and did a lap around the neighborhood in each of the following. 


Her Thomas the Train bicycle. This thing is a real pain because she can't really make it go herself yet, well, she can but is the worst at steering, so I have to bend over and hold her and the bike and push and steer, which is no problem, except that this bike is only like twelve inches tall. My back was killing me by the time we made it back to the garage. 


Next, she requested her scooter, or as she likes to call it, her "cooter". I swear, I laugh every time she says it. Couldn't turn that request down. 


Then came the push car. This is probably one of her favorites because the horn beeps, the gears shift and the key clicks. She also hords rocks from our landscaping in the back of it, which is what she's playing with in this picture. I just love our friends and family, because all of these toys are hand-me-downs from them and she just loves them all. We did another lap with Caroline in the stroller holding Dixie's leash. One of them loves this, the other one hates it, but it was too pretty not to take the dogs on a walk, too. They were so happy. 

We've got some other outside things planned for this week on the days it's not raining. Feeding the ducks at the lake, hitting a playground, going to a nearby hiking trail and a picnic are all included. Juston and I may head to the farm and do some shooting this weekend, too since his mom is coming in for the weekend. 


2 comments:

  1. So cute!! Love the finds you were able to get :) Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chelsea! Gotta love a good bargain ;)

      Delete