Wednesday, March 11, 2015

What's Cooking: Avocado Pasta


I'm always looking for healthier options that don't skimp on flavor when it comes to our family meals, so when I came across this recipe on Pinterest for Avocado and spinach pasta, I had to give it a try. The recipe is originally from www.jocooks.com and is linked above, but my looks prettydifferent from the original because my blender is on the fritz currently, so instead of pureeing the ingredients, I had to mix them up in my mini food processor, therefore, the sauce in mine isn't as creamy. I used the veggie noodles in this recipe as well as doing some fresh parmesan on top and it was definitely a keeper. Caroline really liked it as well, and Juston was crazy about it. I have to say, tossing some blackened chicken or shrimp on it would make it even better and just the right amount of filling. 

You need:

10 ounces of whole grain fettuccini noodles
1 clove garlic
1 seeded, peeled avocado
1 cup fresh spinach
1/2 cup pecans
Juice of a small lemon
3/4 cu pasta water
salt and pepper to taste. 

Once the noodles are cooked, add all the remaining ingredients to a blender and puree. If your sauce is too thick, you can add more pasta water. Pour spinach mixture onto pasta and stir until noodles are covered. As I said above, I added some fresh parmesan as well. I've linked the original recipe above and the pictures are much more appetizing than mine are ;)

Also, as an aside, can I just quickly discuss my love for Fixer Upper on HGTV? I could watch it every day and not get tired of it.


First, Chip and Joanna are basically the cutest. They make me want to have four kids, move to a farm, buy some goats and start my own real estate business. Okay, maybe not all of the above, but I just love them.

Here's some of my favorite interiors from the show:


I really love the high ceilings and the exposed beams. I'm also a huge fan of all the natural light coming in. We don't have great natural light in our house right now, so that is going to be a must in our next home, tons of natural light and windows. 





Again, all the bright light here, I adore and I love how they added so many sets of french doors in this transformation. I'm a white cabinet lover in a kitchen, too. I wouldn't classify myself as a Farmhouse Style person overall. I love aspects of it, but I'm more of a lover of Southern decor myself. There are aspects of Farmhouse I really love though. 


I just loved this sign they had a welder make above. I know a guy who can do something like this and am really tempted to see if he can make us one of these. If I can find a place to put it, I think I'll buy us one. 


And some of my favorite exterior transformations:


It's hard to beat a neat, symmetrical front facade on a home. I really love the white accents as well. 


I couldn't find the before for the above transformation, but it literally didn't even look like the same place when Chip and Jo got finished with it. How beautiful is the French Provencial style they did?!

And finally, my favorite all time reno of theirs...


I absolutely adore this home and would pack my bags and move in tomorrow! Am I the only one obsessed with this show?



No comments:

Post a Comment