Wednesday, May 20, 2015

House Tour: Guest Room

The Guest Room in our house is one of the first rooms that I really started to decorate after Juston and I got married and moved in together. The house was full on Bachelor Pad. No pictures on the wall, white paint everywhere, tan furniture, surround sound speakers mounted in the corners of the living room, giant television. This was the first place I really added some color to Juston's life ;)
 
It's still not complete, I want an antique white iron bed frame for the bed, but those can be hard to find in the queen size we need. I may eventually size down to a full size mattress in here since it's a fairly small room to begin with.

 
All the bedding and curtains are Pottery Barn. I don't really love those curtains in here, but they weren't being used once I got past my yellow phase in the living room, so I moved them back here instead.


 
Guest Cottage sign and seagrass bench are Pottery Barn, server, television and VCR are antique ;)

 
I came across a furniture re-do on Instagram the other day that I'm going to try on our nightstand. It involves painting it white and changing out the hardware. I'm excited to try it.


Basket is Target, flower painting is from a boutique in Mt. Sterling and the Derby picture on the wall was taken by a local photographer and framed locally as well. Juston gave it to me for my birthday last year. 


We have house guests a lot, and I'd love to have a bigger space and an attached bathroom for guests, but maybe in our next place.  I always try to have magazines, books and some water in here as well for guests. It's not the Ritz, but I've never had any complaints :)

1 comment: