Wednesday, May 6, 2015

My Mother's Day Picks

I already know what I'll  be getting for Mother's Day this year from Juston and it's the most perfect gift ever, a portrait of our sweet Caroline photographed and framed by the wonderful Mark Kidd Studios in Lexington, KY. 

But I thought I'd compile a list of other gift ideas in case my husband gets a wild hair to pick up another gift in the meantime :) Or in case anyone reading is still searching for some last minute ideas.




All of the art pictured above is by the fabulous Erin of Erin M Original Art. I own one of her small pieces already and I just love it, but I've been thinking about doing more of her work for a while. I just can't decide whether I want a few more smaller pieces for a space in the hallway, or a larger work for our bedroom. I'm saving up in the meantime while I decide. Everything she does is just gorgeous. I think art is a great gift for a mom on Mother's Day and it's something that can be very personal, so you don't feel like you're just giving someone a gift card or something impersonal.



Basically, anything off of my current Lilly Pulitzer wishlist would make for a happy Mother's Day gift. I have always loved clothes and shopping, so a these are a failsafe for a gift in my opinion. I know for as many people there are that love Lilly, there's an equal amount that don't care for it, but the bright colors make me happy. 

Travel and experiences together are one of our favorite things to do. For each other's birthdays, Juston and I do trips instead of presents and it's always so fun. Some of our favorites:


Red River Gorge in Eastern Ky. 

  Savannah, GA.

 Pilot Mountain, NC

Charleston, SC

Atlanta, GA

I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day weekend and that you get to spend it with the people you love!


No comments:

Post a Comment