Monday, June 8, 2015

Scenes from our Weekend

The weekends sure do fly by in a blink. It feels like it was just Friday and here we are on Monday evening already. I think busy weekends go by faster than the laid back ones. Friday, we just hung out around the house once Juston got home. It seems like he's been working super late or traveling out of town almost non-stop since May started and we haven't seen too much of him, so it was nice to have everyone together for the weekend. Saturday morning, Juston got up early and took my nephew fishing in Morehead at a friends farm and they were gone pretty much all day. Caroline helped me clean the house up and prep food for a lunch we were hosting on Sunday. Once Juston got home, I took off for my workout and once I was finished with that, we headed to the campground to hang out with my sister and her family. I was SO excited to watch American Pharoah win the Triple Crown at Belmont! I just got goosebumps watching him run that race and make history right before my eyes! There is just something so majestic and impressive about thoroughbred horses. If you ever have a chance to watch them run in person, you have to! We are so lucky to live right smack in the middle of horse country.

 The plan was for Caroline to spend the night with them at the camper Saturday night, but as I suspected, when it was time for us to leave, no way was she going to let me go without her!


I made a big spread for our lunch guests Sunday, including this delicious Peach Tart. I'll share the recipe later this week. It's from an old issue of Southern Living and is divine with vanilla ice cream on top!



I picked up some fresh hydrangeas at Kroger during our weekly grocery run. Ours still haven't bloomed yet and they are my absolute favorite, so when I saw them, I had to pick them up. 


Sunday, our friends arrived in town from Versailles around 1:00 and we lunched and just hung out for awhile. These particular friends are fixing to move to Illinois where he just accepted a college presidency, so who knows when we'll get to see them again. Another of Juston's friends came over just in time for the bourbon to start pouring and I took Caroline outside where I'd filled up her slip and slide! She was SO happy and just plum wore herself out playing on that thing. She put on a show for everyone running and jumping and splashing around. My nieces and nephew showed up a bit later and spend the night with us Sunday night since my sister still had to go into school today. It was a fun, busy weekend. I'm so excited summer is here and my sister's kids are out of school so now they can all play together and we can do the zoo and other fun day trips with them all. Caroline just adores her cousins. Hope everyone had a happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment