Friday, August 14, 2015

Five on Friday

I spend more time that I care to admit browsing Pinterest. Sometimes it even results in me being productive and trying great new recipes, DIY projects, house sprucing and makeup tricks I'd never have figured out otherwise. Most of the time, it's more just daydreaming. One of my favorite things to look at on Pinterest is houses, so today, I've compiled my five on Friday and dedicated it to my top five houses that I daydream of living in some day. 

one.


I am a sucker for a red front door, I just painted ours a similar hue to the one pictured, and I think combined with the blue/gray color of the house and the white trim, this house is just gorgeous. That partial wrap around porch is such a dream, too. A huge front porch is a must in our next house, whether we build or buy. I grew up in a house with the greatest front porch. We'd eat breakfast out the many mornings, read books there on cool afternoons and just hang out as a family rocking or chatting with neighbors who'd walk by often, so to not have a front or back porch in our house right now is sort of a bummer. We have a deck, but it's just not the same.


two.

What's not to love about this beauty? Between the big white columns and the symmetry, this house has a lot of elements I'm typically drawn to in a home. I really like the subdued color palate and how it sort of just fits into the scenery around it. It;s just a timeless beauty. 

three.


More columns? You bet. I don't know if it's a product of my love of Tara in Gone With the Wind or what, but I am so drawn to plantation type homes. I really love that this house has the second level porch as well as the sprawling lower level porch. 

four.


This home just screams Lowcountry to me and I love all of the attention to detail on the outside. 

five.


I mean, who wouldn't love to live in this gorgeous home?! Notice a theme in my dream houses? Symmetry, front porch, columns, Southern. That about covers it for me. 


One more thing before I end this post. With my Facebook and IG feeds filled with back to school pictures of everyone's kids, I HAD to share this article from Buzzfeed on 34 things every 90's girl had to do to prep for Back to School. It is so spot on! Read the article here and be prepared for a blast from the past. I swear, I grew up in such a fun time. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I hope when Caroline looks back on her formative years, it's as fondly as I look back on my own. 




No comments:

Post a Comment