Another weekend, come and gone. And it was a good one. We did a whole lot of nothing Saturday. Honestly, I think we're all still recovering from Disney a bit. It has been cold, gray and rainy every single day since we've been home and something about that weather puts me in the mood to be lazy. Saturday I managed to get my workout in, shower, then park on the couch the rest of the day watching football. My poor Dawgs had a rough one against Alabama. I was worried about that one going in. They just didn't play like themselves and Alabama is not a team you can be off against.
Sunday was much more productive. We started off the morning with Caroline and myself meeting my mom at church. Caroline has started going to Children's Church during about half of the service and she just loves it. They sing and dance and do crafts. It's right up her alley. Honestly, this it the first thing I have left her to do. With her other organized activities I'm there to watch and she can always see me, so this is good for her I think. She really seems to love it.
After church, I hit the gym to get my workout in while Juston kept Caroline, then hit the ground running when I got back home. I trimmed all of the boxwood hedges and other shrubs around the house, I pulled the million weeds that have managed to pop up since the last time I pulled them all, I gave our Lucy pup a bath, I made a pot of vegetable soup, I got the laundry done, cleaned Caroline's closet and drawers of all the things that she's outgrown and managed to get a small harvest of a few things from our garden. I had plans to hoe it all up, but found that a lot of our plants are still producing some really great things.
My church outfit. I found this Annie Griffin dress on eBay and just love it! It's a thick ponte fabric and I love the flattering fit. My shoes are hard to see well from this picture, but they are the cutest shoes I think I have! They are snakeskin print and cross strapped. I got them from Blossoms shoes and such out of Greenwood, SC. They have a website with lots of goodies to choose from! My pearls are old from a boutique in Mt. Sterling that has since closed up shop.
Catty Cat loves all of the fall decorations on the front porch and makes a pretty cute addition if you ask me. He's a pretty ornery little kitty right now, but I think it's just the stage of development he's in. That, or he's just crazy hah.
I thought I would share some of the things that I do every Sunday afternoon/evening that help me to feel like I'm starting my new week off right, instead of already playing catch up. I can't stand having a million things hanging over my head on a to-do list, so I have a Sunday routine that helps me to feel like I'm off ro a great start for the week. I don't always get everything on the list accomplished, but I try to. Here's a few things I do.
1. All laundry washed and put away. It's always a bit of a bummer when you're looking for your favorite pants or shirt to grab and throw on, but it's in the laundry. With Caroline right now especially, I only have a few things for the cooler weather for her to wear, so I have to make sure her black leggings are cleaned and put away.
2. Empty all the trash cans around the house.
3. Clean the kitchen and bathrooms top to bottom. Few things make me feel more at ease than knowing my house is cleaned a presentable in case any company were to show up at the last minute.
4. Meal plan and prep for the week ahead. I usually try to go ahead on Sunday evening and make our dinner for Monday-Tuesday. We're big on leftovers around here, so I like making things that will last us a couple of days when meals are concerned. Like last night, I made a huge pot of vegetable soup. Some to take to our neighbor and the rest for our dinner Monday and Tuesday and possibly Wednesday. Then on Wednesday, I'll make something for the next two evenings dinner. Doing it ahead makes me less likely to grab something quick and easy that may not be the most nutritional.
5. Make a goal list for the coming week. I'm really big on this one. It helps me keep myself accountable. I have a journal that is specifically for recording my workouts and my goals. I make monthly goals for myself, then break them down into smaller weekly goals. Doing these goal sheets has really helped me to be organized and thoughtful about the things I do whether it involves health and fitness, things around the house, projects, or doing certain things with Caroline.
6. Read. I love to read and I will read just about anything I can get my hands on. I try to carve out time at bedtime each night to read a few chapters from whatever book I'm into at the time, but I always do it on Sunday. It's just a good way for me to slowly unwind and get lost in another story.
7. Grocery list. Monday morning is my shopping day at the grocery week because I typically (not always), have Monday's off of work. Mornings are such a great time to go because they have usually replenished all the produce fresh and the crowds are bearable, unless it's the first of the month. I save a lot of recipes on Pinterest and like to give at least two new ones a try each week. Lately, most of what I've been doing has been salads, but I do try a good variety most weeks.
So there you have it. A few things I like to do each week on Sunday to help me feel ready to tackle a new week when I wake up on Monday morning. Am I missing out on anything that would help me out? Be sure and share if I'm not doing something I should be :)