Monday, November 9, 2015

Weekend

I swear, I love keeping busy and socializing and having things to do, but we have done nothing but RUN these last few months. Last week, I had to be out of town for something every single day and I am so ready for a little slow down this week. Caroline and I spent the day in Lexington Friday and did a little bit of Christmas shopping, and then Saturday, we headed to Montgomery County to watch one of my cheerleading teams compete in their Regional competition. They absolutely could not have performed any better than they did. I can't tell you the last time a performance by a group of my athletes brought me to tears, but these girls did it this weekend.

 

Cheerleading has been such a huge and important part of my life for decades now and I can't imagine not being a part of it in some capacity. Doing it as a coach is such a fulfilling job because you watch these kids grow not only as athletes, but also into young adulthood and being part of a team sport like cheer, they learn so many life lessons that will carry them through some important times in their futures. These kids have seen more injuries in their few months together than any other team I have coached and they still somehow managed to pull out a nearly perfect performance. They finished second in their division, which means no bid to State, but we are competing again next weekend and each time they take the mat and perform, they get more confident in themselves and their team and it's a magical thing to watch. I'm not kidding when I say all of those girl and every coach was crying like a little baby after they came off the mat. They were just so proud of themselves and those are the moments you live for as a coach. 




After the competition, Caroline and I stopped to grab a bite a Cracker Barrel before heading home. I barely made it home in time to get my workout in, but we made it work. 

Sunday, we had some friends out for a fish fry and after that was over, I worked a little bit more on fluffing up the guest bathroom.  It's so close to being finished now, and I probably would have completed it this weekend, but the fabric I ordered to make the shower curtains with turned up a whole yard short when I started measuring to cut. So now I'm going to have to ship the fabric back and wait for them to send me the right amount so I can wrap it up, then hopefully finally finish the Master Bathroom after that.

How adorable is this hand towel from Number Four Eleven?! They make the most gorgeous monogrammed linens and gifts. I'm going to have to order a second one though because when I first started the guest bathroom, I had a towel ring and only needed one towel, but I moved the towel ring to the master bath, and moved the towel rod from the Master Bath and into the guest bath, so now a second towel is needed. I'm just going to order another of this exact one and hang them side by side. It takes four weeks for this model to ship though, so I better get on that. I'd like to have all of my current projects wrapped up before the Holidays.



The lighting is terrible and doesn't do this fabric a bit of justice, but here is the cornice Juston and I made. He cut the wood and I did the fabric and covering. I just love the way it looks. We went ahead and hung this up even though the curtains aren't finished. I'm the most impatient person ever. 


And finally, this gorgeous art from my friend Erin with Erin M Art. I have a few of her pieces around the house, so I just knew I wanted to add some to the Guest Bath as well and these fit in with the navy color palate perfectly.  

And finally, Anthropologie is having a sale that ends today so I thought I'd share a few tops I've snagged recently that are 20% off, but it ends today!

                                     Tie Neck Blouse                                Fauna Tunic

    Pineapple Top 
                       Peasant Top


Hope everyone's week is off to a great start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment