Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Big News...


So if you follow me on Instagram (@jenapate) or are on my Facebook friends, you've already heard the news, but The Pate family is officially expanding. Baby boy Pate is due this spring and Caroline is finally coming around to the idea of what she swore was her baby sister actually being her baby brother. 
We found out the gender last week and Caroline was with me at the appointment when they announced the gender. Let's just say she was less than pleased. She's been talking about her baby sister for weeks and I tried explaining to her that it could be a brother or sister, but she wasn't having any it. She has luckily come around and seems to be a bit more excited now. Okay, maybe excited isn't the word, but she seems less pissed off when she talks about it ha!
I've felt great all along, so I had a suspicion that it probably wasn't another girl this go around. With Caroline I was exhausted all day every day the first trimester and had quite a bit of nausea. This time, none of that. I honestly wouldn't even know I was pregnant if not for my expanding tummy. So, I figured in keeping with tradition, I'd try to do weekly (or monthly, whichever) updates if for no other reason that for my to compare my first pregnancy to my second. 



How far along? Currently 18 Weeks, though the photo is from last week

Total weight gain/loss: About 5 pounds. 

Maternity clothes? Not necessary yet, but I did wear maternity leggings on Thanksgiving. May never go back now. 

Sleep: Like a rock

Best moment: Not baby related, but taking Caroline to her first SEC football game

Movement: I've felt him move a few times, but nothing consistent yet. I figure that'll come soon. I would't have known it was him were it not for knowing what to expect this time. 

Food cravings: Nothing really, except maybe grapes

Feeling? absolutely great. My workouts are still pretty much the same, though less intense. I'm still running, but very slow and in intervals with walking. Boy pregnancy sure feels different than girl did for me at least. 

Baby Goodies Acquired: I got him the adorable Beaufort Bonnet pjs' you see above and his first little outfit came in the mail this week as well. I've got a few sleepers from Kissy Kissy on the way and am looking at crib bedding material as well as some blue boppy covers to replace our pink ones. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to start stockpiling diapers either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment