Friday, January 29, 2016

Five on Friday


One.

Have y'all received your 50th anniversary edition of Southern Living yet? It is so pretty! This was the very first magazine I subscribed to right after I got married and I have taken it ever since. I always get great recipes, gardening and travel tips and have found some of my favorite Southern clothing brands through the magazine like Southern Frock, Laroque, Annie Griffin and a few others.


There are quite a few fun little articles and lists in this issue and my favorite was probably 50 Elements of Southern Style


Two.

Black dresses have been a go to for me as my bump continues to grow with this pregnancy and I got this dress in the mail last week and love it. It's sleeveless, so it'll transition well into my last few weeks of pregnancy as it warms up here. It's Old Navy Maternity and last time I checked was still in stock. Scarf and jacket are J Crew Factory, boots are Target.

Three.

Caroline has been loving any and all types of crafts and art here lately. I stopped in Michael's the other day when I was in Lexington and picked up the little kitty cat mask for under $2.00 and it kept her busy nearly the entire time I was taking my first Real Estate class test the other night. She is a surprisingly neat little painter. Our next project is going to be making a little Valentine's Day surprise for Juston.



Four.

I mentioned earlier this week catching a new show on HGTV called Home Town and loving every thing about it! One of the things I really loved was the counter tops they put into the kitchen of the home they renovated. They used honed black granite and I'm basically obsessed with it now. Not that we'll re-do our kitchen any time soon, but this is on my wishlist if we ever build a house or reno a kitchen in the future. I just love the look of bright white cabinets and dark counter tops. How awesome are these!



Five.

I'm not usually a fan of a lot of the winter items Gap carries for Caroline, but their spring items usually catch my eye and they have some absolutely adorable new arrivals for little girls right now. My favorite being this outfit...


It just has a retro vibe that I love! And I can never turn down pink and scalloped! The top would be really adorable paired with some white skinny britches, too. Is it weird that I want this in my size? I find myself thinking that about a lot of what Caroline wears. I'm pretty sure there's no question which lady has the superior wardrobe in our house! 





 


No comments:

Post a Comment