Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Snow Day Project + How I Make Money Shopping Online

We got some snow around here this morning, so that usually means I don't get to work since I work in a few of the local schools and they were all closed for the day. I've had a project I've been wanting to undertake for a few weeks now and with no work, that meant I finally got a chance to tackle it today. 


Our little boy many not have a name, but he does have a hat now for his newborn photos! I am pretty pleased with how this turned out. I have crocheted quite a few blankets over the years with my mom teaching me, but this is the first time I've made a hat. I've listed them in my Etsy shop for sale if you're looking to snag one for your own little boy! I'm going to be working on some baseball and basketball hats next, then the Mickey and Minnie hats and then on to some animals. I had a lot of fun doing this one. It seems so tiny to me since I haven't had newborn sized things around for awhile.

They are calling for a pretty major snow (by Southern standards at least) this weekend, so I am going to go snag some other colors of yarn tomorrow for my next hat projects, then I'm also working on a burlap door hanger DIY that I will share as soon as I get it finished. I am also needing to sew the shower curtain I'm making for the guest bathroom. Once I have that finished and hung up, I'll share the little mini facelift I did in that room as well. 



Have y'all tried Ebates yet? If you haven't, you absolutely should be! I signed up for it a few months back and have made nearly $200 in rebates shopping for and purchasing things I was going to buy anyway. You also get cash back for referring other people (hence, my sharing it with whoever may be reading and interested). Basically, you just sign up for your account, then visit the Ebates site to click onto whichever site you want to shop. I frequent Gap, Old Navy, Nordstrom, Bath and Body Works, Ebay, Amazon and Etsy personally, but I did a ton of Juston's Christmas shopping via their links as well with sites like Moosejaw, Cabelas, Bass Pro, etc. There's literally hundreds of the most frequented online shopping sites for anyone and everyone. You get a check in the mail every quarter, or you can have it direct deposited if you prefer. There's no catch to it either. That's why it took me so long to sign up for it, I thought surely there was some drawback, but if there is, I haven't found it after using Ebates for the last six months. I've linked up above if you want to sign up yourself and start making money back on online shopping you would be doing anyway. Just remember to go to Ebates first, then click through from there to shop and make sure you activate the cash back feature. 





No comments:

Post a Comment