Wednesday, February 3, 2016

27 Weeks

Sweater: Super old from Express | Black tank: Old Navy Maternity | Leggings: Gap Maternity | Shoes: Tory Burch Reva flats | Arrow Necklace: Red Clover Boutique


How far along? 27 Weeks yesterday and it's so long second trimester after this week. That's crazy. 


Total weight gain: Up 15 pounds and I feel so big and heavy in my lower stomach the last couple of weeks. I literally feel like this kid is huge already which scares the heck out of me. 

Maternity clothes: Obviously. Although I can still wear non-maternity in dresses and most tops I wear. 

Best moment of the week: Getting the crib back out. Little things like that make it all seem so real that soon there will be another little Pate running around with Caroline. She sang the sweetest little song to my belly today, telling her brother that she loves him so much and will teach him to be good, give him his bottle and love holding him. 

Food cravings: Nothing and I'm starting to not even be able to really eat dinner in the evenings. I don't know if its normal or not, but I feel like by the time dinner rolls around and I've have two meals already, there is no room left in there for more. It feels like I could pop if I eat most nights. I try and eat something small like a salad or half an apple and some peanut butter. It's a real bummer though because I love to eat. 

Feeling: Feeling good for the most part. Aside from what I mentioned above, I also have trouble breathing deep if I do end up eating a normal dinner. It makes me a little nervous about what a month or two from now is going to be like. 


Baby Goodies Acquired: My parents and sister and her family both got baby boy some goodies this week. Mom and dad gave him a few outfits and some cute nautical blankets and my sister and her kids picked up some super cute little outfits and sleepers, too. Boy sure is loved already. I ordered a couple of super cute swaddling blankets myself this week since all of the ones we have are pink. I'm telling ya, if this one were a girl, I'd be saving a fortune. Juston seems to think babies don't require much apparently because I'm the only one buying this boy anything so far. 

Symptoms: Stuffy nose off an on and have started having what I think are those ligament pains on my right side the last couple of days. If I remember correctly, the closer you get to the third trimester, the greater the pregnancy symptoms become ;)


Pregnancy Fitness: I've given up running until after baby, but my weight workouts I plan to maintain up until delivery. I still do 5 days of cardio as well and I've been trying to add ten minutes to my cardio workouts each day for a total of about 40 minutes cardio every day I do it. I go so much slower now that I feel like I need to add the extra minutes to make up for the difference. 



This sweet girl hasn't felt like herself the last couple of days. She had a low grade fever yesterday and has a runny nose and cough. It seems like she's trying to take a cold so we've been taking it easy, or as easy as my child will take it. I'm hoping she'll be back to herself when she wakes up today. 

We were in the grocery store earlier this week and I always let her get one of the free cookies the bakery gives kids when we're there. Well, an older couple stopped to chat with Caroline and the man asked her what she was snacking on, she told him a cookie the baker gave her. He proceeded to tell Caroline that he loved cookies, so she broke hers in half and asked me verbatim, "Mama, may I share my cookie with these nice folks?" I mean, what is she sixteen! It was so sweet and cute and just so typical of my girl. I hope she will always have the sweet heart she has now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment