Friday, March 25, 2016

34 Weeks + A Bunny Bait Recipe



How far along?  34 Weeks


Total weight gain:Up 18 pounds.

Maternity clothes: Yes. I've made due with purchasing a pair of maternity jeans, a pair of maternity skinny pants, a black and a white maternity tank, three maternity dresses and one long sleeve maternity top. I got all of it from either Gap or Old Navy and probably spent about $120 on everything total. I don't anticipate needing anything else. Just mixing these pieces with what I have that's loose and flowy has worked great. Maternity clothes just seem like such a waste of money, but a few pieces are obviously necessary. 

Best moment of the week: We had a wonderful trip to Alabama and spent the week with some of the best people we know!

Food cravings: I ate more this past week than I probably have in the last two months, but I'm over it now haha. Our Alabama hostess, Mimi is such a great cook so I had to indulge a bit ;) As far as food though, I've cut out most carbs like rice, pasta, etc because I did figure out those types of foods were making me completely miserable after even consuming small quantities. 

Feeling: Feeling pretty doggone pregnant haha. Been having some discomfort in my upper abs on the right side. He tends to favor that side pretty heavily so I guess that may be the reason. 

Baby Goodies Acquired: We got a few gifts for baby boy this week from family and I picked up his crib skirt while I was in Alabama from the lady who made it for us. I LOVE it!

Symptoms: Discomfort in my left side and right upper abs, my hips are feeling sore when I wake up of a morning from sleeping on them, not very hungry except first thing in the morning, thirsty alllll the time. 

Sleep: About the same. I usually wake up twice during the night for potty breaks and it takes me about an hour to go back to sleep each time because I'll lay there thinking about how much I have left to do and how little time I have left to do it all. I just keep reminding myself that as long as he gets here and we're all safe and healthy, the rest is just not really that important...I still want to get it done though. 

Pregnancy Fitness: I've changed up my workout format this last week, moving from doing split workouts for individual body parts into doing circuit style total body workouts instead. They're easier on me and as for cardio, it's about the same as what I was doing before. I really miss the rowing machine and a few of the specific exercises I've had to give up for the time being, but not much time left now, so I figure as long as I'm staying active and keeping my muscles working and moving, it'll pay off at least a little bit in the postpartum time.


Now, on to non-pregnancy and baby related items, I made a quick, easy and addictive snack this past week with Caroline called Bunny Bait. You've probably seen it on Pinterest before, but this was my first time making it and man is it SO yummy!

What you need:
One package white chocolate candy melt wafers 
2 bags of popped popcorn
1 container of sprinkles
1 bag Easter colored M&M's
stick pretzels broken into pieces



First, you pop your bags of popcorn and put it into a large bowl, then you'll melt the candy melts according to the directions on the bag. We did 30 seconds at a time on half power and stirred in between each time until they melted. Once the candy is melted, pour it over the popcorn and stir thoroughly, but slowly so you don't break up the popcorn too much



Next, once the melted candy has dried on your popcorn (probably about twenty minutes) your little helpers (if you're using them) can dump in the all of the sprinkles, the whole bag of M&Ms and the broken pretzel pieces. Just mix to combine and you're ready to snack, but I will warn you, it is super addicting. I could not stay out of this stuff. 


 We did bag up quite a few packages of this to give to Caroline's cousins and our friends kids. 
It's a great option to set our for visitors on Easter weekend. 




Hope everyone's Good Friday has treated them well and your Easter weekend is packed with family and blessings. 



No comments:

Post a Comment