Tuesday, April 12, 2016

37 Weeks: Full Term






How far along?  37 Weeks!

Total weight gain:Up 20 pounds.

Maternity clothes: Definitely

Best moment of the week: Caroline had her very first dance (ballet/tap) class this week and it was just the cutest thing! She was over the moon excited and did awesome. I've had her in tumbling for over a year now, so she's familiar with being in a class and following her teacher, etc, but she got to wear tap shoes and ballet shoes, plus a special leo and tutu I picked up for her. She was so precious and I was excited to get to be there to watch her.

Food cravings: Not a whole lot really. Still love raisins, grapes and peanuts anytime I get my hands on them.

Feeling: I hope I'm not jinxing myself, but I've felt so great most of this pregnancy and I feel so blessed by that. I do have sore hips in the mornings, sometimes some low back pain and some days I'm more tired than others from getting up all night long to pee, but I think working out like I have been has done wonders for the quality of this pregnancy so far.

Baby Goodies Acquired: We're all set here. I'm waiting on a basket for his nursery and a blanket I'm hoping to be able to take to the hospital that I ordered a few weeks back. It has his name on it so it takes longer to get, but we have all the immediate necessities.

Symptoms: Still feeling him move a lot, sore hips, some back pain, sensitive gums every time I brush and floss my teeth.

Sleep: About the same as it has been...lots of up and down all night long.

Pregnancy Fitness: I went in for a check up last week and found out I am already 3 cm dilated, which I know means nothing. I could walk around that way for three more weeks and not go into labor, but the midwife I saw recommended not lifting weights until I passed the 37 week mark today, so I took a week off from weights and only did cardio. She also said I shouldn't pick up Caroline, but anyone with a toddler knows how unrealistic that is. I'm really excited to get back in the weight room this week though!


After my appointment today, I ran by a dance shop in Lexington and picked up another leotard and tutu for Caroline to have for class as a reward for her excellent behavior in her first class and with my at my appointment as well. After that, we stopped at the Windy Corner Market for some lunch, per Caroline's request. I love the scenery there, but honestly, the food isn't the best, at least not what I've had the times we've stopped. 

How adorable are these matching outfits from The Bailey Boys I got for Caroline  and baby boy?! I just love them and they'll be perfect for the beach next summer!  I got them from The Frilly Frog. 

And finally, I'll leave you with a picture of my little prima ballerina. 







2 comments:

  1. Gosh you are so darn close! Cannot wait to "meet" him :) But seriously would love to meet him someday when we are in your area! Prayers for an easy and quick delivery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It really has gone so quick this time around. I remember being SO over it with Caroline at this point, but it's like this time I don't even feel like I should be this close! And I think our littles will get along wonderfully! We'll have to meet up in Lexington sometime..maybe a Keeneland date when I'm less pregnant! haha

      Delete