Friday, April 22, 2016

Caroline: Three and a Half


I haven't posted an update on my little beauty in awhile so I thought why not now?!

Favorites 

Foods: She has big time regressed with her diet! Where she used to eat anything and everything, loved all fruits and most veggies, tried everything I'd cook, etc. She eats like a typical toddler now. Her favorites are pizza, pasta, yogurt, cheese, hot dogs, smoothie drinks, strawberry milk, apple juice, and occasionally apple slices (no peel) and bananas. 



Activities: She's been in gymnastics for over a year now and adores it and she recently started tap and ballet class as well which she also seems to really love. She also loved riding her bike and scooter, working puzzles, building things with play doh, playing in water whether it's outside with filled pots and pans or in the bath tub, cooking in her play kitchen and watching her daddy play Mario on Super Nintendo. She also loves helping me do anything in the kitchen, cooking or baking. Sometime she even likes to help me clean up. 



Weight: 32.8 pounds. She hasn't changed much here in quite a few months. 

Height: Almost 3 feet tall now!

Speech/ Language: She can now spell her name, she recognizes most letters and numbers, she can count to thirty although skips a few numbers a lot of the time and she can write a variety of letters and numbers. We're working on writing her name and so far she can write C-A-O-L-I. 



Favorite Shows: Shimmer and Shine, Paw Patrol, Umi Zoomi, Miles from Tomorrowland and Sophia. 

Sleep: I'm fairly certain she doesn't sleep as much as she probably should, but it's rarely if ever reflected in her attitude. She is usually in bed around 9 and asleep by 10, then up for the day by 8:00-8:30 since daylight savings time. We haven't done the name thing consistently in over a year now. She will occasionally nap, but only if she got up super early and she's strapped into her car seat. 

Shoe Size: Mostly in a size 8 now, a few 7's will still fit her.

Clothes Size:  She can wear 2T still, fits pretty perfectly into a 3T but anything I've bought for her since late winter, I've gone ahead and gotten 4T which she can also wear, just a little big on her. 


I could not ask for a better child than this one. She loves to help me, she never complains when it's time to do her chores, she is the most affirming child you could ever meet, she's social, she's mannerly and she listens 99% of the time. I highly doubt I will get this lucky with the next one, but Caroline is honestly a dream of a toddler. Don't get me wrong, she has her spells of crying or whining, but they are few and far between. She's had to learn the hard way that she can't sass talk like her older cousins tend to do, but it's not a normal occurrence. I have had so many people compliment me on her manners which we work really hard to teach her and make sure that she remembers and uses. Her chores currently involve putting her dirty dishes in the sink, feeding the dogs, cleaning up her toys and throwing trash away when she needs to like after she's unwrapped a cheese stick or eaten all of her yogurt or something like that. She's very excited about being a big sister, so I'll be interested to see if her opinion on the matter changes at all once baby brother gets here. I just love this girl more than I've ever loved anything and I hope and pray each day that I'm doing right by her and leading by example. She's my world. 



No comments:

Post a Comment