I always love when people do these "Getting to know me" type of posts, so I thought I'd do one today for anyone who's new here or just enjoys reading these sorts of things. So here goes...
1. What brings you the greatest joy? I find joy in lots of things, but I'd say my greatest joy comes from being with my family. Like my entire family...my parents, my sister and her fam and of course my little Pates and husband.
2. What are your vices? Sweets and shopping, but not necessarily in that order.
3. What is on your nightstand? A Rewined candle, the remote, a clock, a picture of us from our wedding and a bunch of sweetgrass flowers.
4. Do you have a secret talent? Not unless you count still being able to tumble? I can crochet and smock but don't do either very often.
5. What is your greatest indulgence? Charleston. It has some of everything I love; amazing food, gorgeous architecture, incredible gardens, the best shopping and the beach. I feel like I'm living my best life anytime I'm in Charleston which is why I like to go so often.
6. What should everyone try at least once in their life? Not giving a hoot what anyone else thinks. And TRAVEL!! Go everywhere you can while you can, there's so much to see and learn.
7. What makes you laugh? Few things get me going more than old episodes of America's Funniest Home Videos. Why is that show still not on? Lord knows people these days could stand to laugh more!
8. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you? I don't know, I was a cheerleader in college, but most people who know me would know that. Oh, and I can play a mean fiddle. I was in the ororchestra in school for ten years.
9. What is on your bucket list? Flipping a house. It's something I've wanted to do since I found this show that used to be on TLC called The Real Estate Pros. I was still in college at the time and just fell in love with the idea of taking some old, run-down place and making it pretty again. Giving it a second chance at life and being a place someone would be glad to call their home.
10. What is on your feet right now? Not a thing. I'm generally barefoot.
11. How did you make your first dollar? I have no clue, probably babysitting or doing chores at home for my parents.
12. What superstition do you believe in? I always throw spilled salt over my left shoulder without even realizing I'm doing it a lot of times.
13. What items in your closet do you wear the most? Anything comfortable that I can work, run and workout in, so my Lululemon pants and t-shirts mostly.
14. What is the best gift you’ve ever received? Probably from a practicality standpoint, the luggage set my parents gave me for high school graduation. Little did I know that luggage would accompany me on so many of the best memories in life to this point. I still use that same luggage today. I also have a special place in my heart for the push presents Juston gave me after each baby. After Caroline, I got a necklace with a diamond for Caroline and one for myself. Then for Carter, I got a ring with a diamond for each child and a larger center stone for myself. Makes having a third child very tempting if diamonds are the reward ;)
15. What is on your liquor shelf? Most likely every bourbon made in the great Commonwealth of Kentucky, but you'd have to ask my husband as I don't really keep up with it all.
16. What is on your kitchen counter? A big ole mess right now. My mixer, tons of Carter's bottles, cookbooks and some mail.
17. What would you never leave home without? My car keys and my phone. I'm trying to get better about not leaving the house without at least a little bit of makeup.