Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Current Beauty Favorites: Skin Care

When it comes to my skin, I try to keep things simple because my skin tends to be on the sensitive side. Lately, I have been trying out a few new things because I really want to be proactive with my skincare instead of reactive. I wanted to share my current favorite skincare products that I've been using consistently for quite some time. 


I started using this mask once a week about two months ago and I really love it. It smells HEAVENLY, first of all, and I feel like my skin just feels cleaner and smoother after I use it. You could probably use it more than once a week, but like I said, my skin can be very reactive to new things, so I try not to overdo it. My skin is combination, oily in some places and dry in others and this mask doesn't irritate either area. I'm not sure if I'll re-order this same mask when it runs out or if I'll give another one a shot, but I definitely recommend it.

Also, you can get 4% cash back ordering it through the link above if you're an ebates member. If you're not already, you can sign up here before you order. 


I've been using this seaweed cleanser daily for probably six months now and really like it. It's very gentle and not laden with a ton of crazy chemicals. It's made in Savannah, Ga and at $38, the price point isn't terrible compared to a lot of other products on the market. It's not a cleanser that feels harsh or leaves your skin feeling dried out which I need since as I mentioned, I can be prone to dryness in certain areas. Some cleansers I've used leave my skin feeling stripped and this one does not do that at all. I plan to re-order this one again when I run out. 





I picked up my first Clarisonic cleansing brush during this year's Nordstrom anniversary sale. I use it in conjunction with the cleanser above every few days. I use the cleanser every day, but not the Clarisonic. When I first started using this, I noticed my skin breaking out more than it has recently and I don't know if it had to do with adding this brush into my routine, if it was dietary related or stress, but whatever it was, it stopped after a couple of weeks. Has anyone else ever started breaking out after adding one of these brushes to your skincare routine?  I do like this brush as I feel like it's great for sloughing off dead skin and aiding skin cell turnover. I don't know that I've seen anything in using it that justifies the price for me, so I'm glad I was able to get it on sale. I know lots of people who swear by this brush, but I don't feel like my skin is any better or worse off for adding it. Since I purchased it, I use it, but I could take it or leave it.


Okay, this three step system is pricey. It's the same company that makes the cleanser I use and mentioned above, so lack of chemicals is a strong selling point and it's made in Savannah, GA. Now, I discovered this skincare line quite awhile ago when they first started getting active on Instagram. I'd eyed this system for months but couldn't make myself pull the trigger. I ended up winning the system via an IG giveaway run through Sapelo and The Pink Dot Beauty Bar in Charleston. I was SO excited because I never win anything and I'd wanted to try this so badly, but couldn't justify the price without knowing the product. I use it every other day right before bedtime. Every step of the system smells floral and lovely. It leaves my skin feeling so smooth and supple. The recommendation per the packaging is to use all three steps twice a day, but I'm trying to conserve the goods, so I don't use it that frequently. I absolutely love the product and would highly recommend it, but I will likely not order it again simply because of the steep price tag. I will, however, try my luck at winning it again ;)

So that it...it's probably pretty simple compared to a lot of people's skincare routines, but that's what works for me. Also, for makeup removal since I didn't touch on that, I either just use warm water and a rag, or rubbing alcohol, so if you have a chemical-free product you'd recommend for makeup removal, please share it with me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment